The Supermercados - Alternative Rock From the South West Of England
Get our "Clean Up In Aisle 9" EP. From us. Contains 10 songs - Our first 5 singles, 3 remixes and 2 demos. Play it or Get it for free from us. Or choose what you pay. Save us from the soul-destroying streaming sites!!!
What People Say About Us
We're the worst people to ask what we sound like! We've had a lot of listener feedback, so here are some things other people say about how we sound to them. How our music makes them feel, who people tell us they think we sound like and what they think of our remixes. Leave us a Facebook, Twitter or Instagram post and let us know what you think!
The Best Comment Yet!!!
"You guys are very, very, very good. Tight as fuck. Explosive, yet listenable. Aggressive but musical. Funny, artistic, unserious, virtuosic. You guys are the whole package and the real deal"
How Do We Make You Feel?
- “The Supermercados are the feeling of walking into a good rock club at the right time”
- “They are a love of old records, old-school progressive tunes that sound like summer”
- "This should be the main theme for the next Silent Hill Game"
- “They’ll be the first song of the day to make you smile”
- “They capture emotions that certain memories bring.”
- “A journey through the music that’s mattered the most to them”
- “They are your mis-spent teenage years, some of the best & worst days of your life”
- "All I see is aliens"
- "British Invasion Supermercado style…he’ll ya"
- "Music for driving with windows down"
What The Remixes Sound Like?
- “Very interesting. Reminds me a lot of Moby's experimental stuff, with undertones of Joy Division/New Order. “
- “Luis Buñuel would be proud”
- “That's a bit like Pink Floyd time”
- “Very cool...great ideas here...pretty unique/eclectic mix of stuff going on”
- “Reminds me of Aphex Twin ....”
- “Yo this is some post punk stuff”
- “Very cool remix; some post punk, some deep bass, some glitchy vox, then a catchy upbeat drum beat to keep it pushing and moving. I'm into it”
- “It sounds good, reminds a little about Rage Against the Machine!”
- “Beck, meets Pink Floyd”
What Do We Sound Like?
- "This has Led Zeppelin vibes and I love it. Great job!"
- Gives me big Franz Ferdinand meets Blondie vibes
- This sounds like Decembrist’s meets Violent Femmes
- i like this a lot, reminds me of the Arctic Monkeys .. hope thats ok to say that
- Had a Bob Dylan vibe
- “These drums sound so vintage, it seems to me that they sound similar to The Who.”
- “Cool British rock, and I love British rock.”
- “Definitely bringing to mind the excellent Hoodoo Gurus with a taste of Cracker.”
- “Reminded me of the old Billy Idol songs!”
- “Got that Blur/Supergrass vibe going on”
- “I'm hearing some Bowie influence, very cool!”
- “Good groove. Reminds me a bit of early Chilli Peppers”
- That is one fucking good song, reminds me of Love it to Death era Alice Cooper
- “Love the soft punk vibe of this, Stephen Malkmus, Pavement and Smashing Pumpkins”
- “Reminds me of SilverSun pickups, but less cringe”
- “Very Psychedelic!!" & “Very new wave sounding”
- “Reminded me of EMF for some reason”
- “Somehow I get the vibe of Sugar Ray. “
- “It's like if the Clash and the Cars had a baby then sent the baby to summer camp when it became a teenager”
- “I hear a bit of Oasis in in your music! I like it!”
- “Reminds me of Graham Parker in a good way.”
- “Mott The Hoople pre Dudes era, only better"
- “It kind of reminds me of early "Cure" , takes me back to my punk days, some of the best & worst of my life!”