"Revelations Revolutions" Stems
On the page below are the elements for our song "Revelation & Revolutions", which was released on Spotify in 2020. You'll find the Demo, the Studio Release and the Raw or Final Mix Stems below.
We'll be adding more songs to the Stems Supermarket soon, in a range of styles from Reggae to Drum n Bass to Electronica to Rock music soon, so grab the stems for "Revelation & Revolutions" below.
2. Raw WAV Stems for "Revelations & Revolutions"
We've given you the raw and untreated WAVs of all the stems that make up "Record", as heard in the studio release. All of the processing, compression and EQ has been removed and this will show you that all that you need to capture at home is a clean take, below 6db, which gives plenty of headroom to give your listeners an enjoyable experience.
It is easy to capture good quality recordings at home, without needing to incur the huge expense of a commercial recording studio. Our four-piece band were all recorded live in the same room, with acoustic treatment using blankets to cover all hard surfaces in order to remove unwanted echoes and background noise. We used a Focusrite 1818 soundcard with 4 x XLR inputs, which we put the drums through, and four line inputs, which guitars, keys, bass & vocals were recorded into.
3. Final Mix WAV Stems for "Revelations & Revolutions"
The Raw WAVs will show you just need to get a clean take, but the Final Mix WAVs will show you the role that Compression & EQ play in the Final Mix stage.
This vital stage prepares a song to be released so that it sounds good on the smallest speakers AND the biggest PA, on digital music platforms AND the radio.
5. Bonus Content!
We've also included some useful information as bonus content to help improve your production skills in a live band setting.
- A link to information about the Glyn Johns' method for recording huge sounding drums with only a few mic's. This was used to capture a huge live drum sound for Led Zepplin, the Stones and the Who and remains a benchmark today.
- Bonus Content; A link to information about going deeper on each drum
- Information about the Mics we used to record huge sounding live drums.
- Tom The Teacher's Guides to music production;
- Opening Waveform DAW software, setting up a project, and soundcard
- Recording a Track and Saving it in Waveform.
- Recording,going deeper in Waveform
- Compression, EQ, mixing and mastering in Ableton
- Adding a midi drum track to give the drums extra depth, hugeness and warmth.
- The Focusrite 1818 Soundcard we used to capture our band live and where to get it.
- The Devine Vocube Vocal Isolation Booth and Marantz MPM-1000 Condenser mic we used to get clean vocal takes with background noise removed.